Saturday, October 19, 2013

Balance



As an au pair, I feel like I always have to have on my happy face. If I'm not smiling, the family asks if I'm okay. If I want to go to bed early, they ask if I am sick. If I spend a Saturday alone in my room reading or watching Gilmore Girls, they ask if something is wrong. It's like I am never allowed to just be me and have real emotions. I can't be anti-social or tired or sick of the weather.

It's a little overwhelming sometimes. I am generally a happy, optimistic, glass-half-full kind of gal. But sometimes, it's refreshing to be alone. Or to get mad at the constant rain. Or go to bed at 8 PM. I'm only human.

This life is a balancing act. I'm trying to navigate my way through this one day at a time. Somedays it's easy. Others, not so much. Living with a new family, and getting paid by them, is a challenge. I am here to do a job. But I am still a person with feelings.

This post really doesn't have a point. I'm just airing out my thoughts. Life in a foreign country is not always so glamorous. It's still life. It still has its ups and downs. And no matter where you are, you still have to find the balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...